ABOUT | NICOLA JANE HOBBS
My life's work is this — to inspire you to feel at peace with your body, with yourself + with the world. To gently awaken you to the love + light that lives within you. To reawaken the courage to fully + fiercely live these precious breaths we call life.
Through writing, yoga, meditation, ayurveda, workshops, retreats + coaching, I help you to listen to the tiny, tender voice inside — the only voice that is truly your own. It'll sound soft + silky + slightly wild.
Why? Because I ignored the call of my soul for too long. And, when you ignore the call of your soul, it'll curl up behind your heart + go to sleep — and you'll forget who you are + why you're here + how you can serve. And life will begin to feel dry + dead + empty.
But at some point, something will wake you up. It'll call your soul out of it's hiding place + you'll see the world as if you're looking at it for the first time — through the eyes of love not fear.
Through my own experience in recovery from depression + anorexia, and through my training in eating + exercise psychology + Eastern spiritual practices, I discovered we cannot walk the journey of healing, transformation + awakening alone. It is only in coming together that we can be whole.
May you have the courage to walk the path of love with me.
May you trust your soul to guide you.
May you remember you are never alone.
- MSc. Sport and Exercise Psychology - Research specialisms: Eating and exercise psychology, post-traumatic growth, and thriving
- BSc. Psychology
- Diploma in Intuitive Eating Counselling
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Nutrition Consultancy
- Diploma in Journalism
- RYT 200hr Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Gym: The revolutionary 28 day plan for strength, flexibility and fat loss (Bloomsbury, 2015).
- Thrive Through Yoga: A 21-day journey to ease anxiety, love your body, and feel more alive (Bloomsbury, 2017)
- Fear-Free Food: How to ditch dieting and fall back in love with food (Bloomsbury, 2018)
- COMING SOON — Stay Young With Yoga: Use the power of yoga to stay youthful, fit and pain-free at any age (Bloomsbury, 2020)